Swiss Chard and Beef Breakfast Skillet
I had a wee bit of computer trouble when writing this post. Which may be a good thing, because now it’s a lot shorter than it was before ;)
So here’s a condensed version of what was in my brain!
Breakfast skillets are probably my favorite way to do breakfast on AIP. The possibilities are nearly endless and I’ve honestly never tasted a bad one. Even better, they’re easy to prep ahead of time either as a full meal, or even as a single ingredient to be used later in a larger skillet (like the beef in this recipe…made it ahead of time!).
An easy-to-follow template I use is:
1) Cooking Fat: Coconut oil, tallow, duck fat, avocado oil
2) Starchy Carb: Sweet potato, squash, carrot, parsnips
3) Protein: Ground beef/ turkey/ chicken, sausage, bacon (more of a fat really, but you get the idea!)
4) Additional Veggies or fruit: Mushrooms, asparagus, apple, radish, pear, green onion
5) Leafy Green: Chard, kale, spinach
And of course, your favorite seasonings! I added some fresh avocado on top of mine upon serving for a little extra healthy fat…plus it just tastes good!