Creamy Butternut Pasta with Bacon & Kale
You may have seen the butternut fettuccine I made a while back, and this is a bacon-packed update! I love butternut squash and it's versatility. Plus it's nutrient packed...with more than 450 percent daily value of Vitamin A!
This dish is sweet and savory, garlicky and rich! Just a few of my favorite things!
•1 package of prespiraled butternut noodles OR spiralize one small butternut squash
•3 strips uncured bacon
•4 garlic cloves, minced
•1 can full fat coconut cream
•1/2 tsp sea salt
•1/2 tsp garlic powder
•1/2 tsp onion powder
•2/3 cup baby kale
•Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Cook the bacon to crispy and remove from the pan, leaving the rendered fat. Crumble the bacon.
- Add the minced garlic to the bacon fat and cook until fragrant.
- Add the noodles to the pan and toss with the rendered fat and garlic. Cover and cook until al dente, stirring frequently.
- In a separate pan, combine the coconut cream and seasonings. Bring to high heat.
- When the noodles have reached al dente, add the bacon, kale and sauce and cook just a few minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley