Meatballs & Garlic-Herb Sauce from the "30 Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP" Cookbook
What a summer it has been! For starters, I had the amazing opportunity to participate in an AIP community e-book called 30 Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP! 40 bloggers came together to make this cookbook happen and it’s chock-full of prep-to-table recipes that are ready in 30 minutes or less, are 100% gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and nutrient dense!
What does that mean?? It means that even if you don’t follow an AIP diet, you’ll be getting more than 120 recipes (over 300 if you count the sauces and goodies!) that are delicious AND nutritious!
We did this because we KNOW firsthand what's it's like to spend too much time in the kitchen; that time is your most precious commodity, and we want to help you recover some of it while still managing an AIP menu!
OH and did I mention that there is a GIGANTIC giveaway you can enter? There's no purchase necessary to enter!
In the meantime, here's a little sneak-peek of the 30 Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP Cookbook!
The Garlic-Herb sauce used here is one of my absolute favorites. It's easy, fragrant, and adds a little boost to almost any "noodle" recipe! Plus these meatballs are perfect for batch cooking; easily make them ahead for the week, or store in an airtight container and freeze for future use!
Meatballs and Garlic-Herb Sauce over Zoodles
Total Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
•1/2 lb pastured ground beef
•1/2 lb pastured ground pork
•1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped and divided
•1 ½ plus 1 tsp sea salt, divided
•2 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
•2 1/2 tsp onion powder, divided
•1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•4 garlic cloves, minced
•1 tsp dried rosemary
•1 tsp dried oregano
•2 large organic zucchini
•Optional: 1 sprig of fresh oregano for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine beef, pork, ¼ cup basil, 1.5 tsp sea salt, 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder in a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Form balls approx 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Place the meatballs in a cast-iron skillet and bake for 15-20 minutes until done through.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare the olive oil sauce (recipe below).
- Warm the Olive Oil to low-medium on the stove top (do not heat to high).
- Add the minced garlic and cook until garlic begins to brown slightly.
- Add rosemary and the remaining sea salt, garlic powder and onion power. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- While the sauce and meatballs are cooking, prepare zoodles.
•2-3 medium zucchini, spiral cut
1. Place 1 cup water in the pot with a steam basket.
2. Place zoodles insteamer basket and cover.
3. Cook to Al Dente approx. 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles (2-3 Large zucchini’s worth) to the olive oil sauce and toss.
- Add meatballs, and garnish with fresh basil and oregano.