Baked Pears with Sweet Cream Sauce
I think I’ll start my weekend with a little bit'o this sweet and creamy goodness! Seriously, this is one of my favorite recipes. It's actually an old one for me and I'm just getting around to posting it. But I so hope you love it as much as I do!!
For 2 servings:
•1 Pear (your preferred variety)
•1 tbsp + 2 tsp honey
•1 tsp Cinnamon
•1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk, refrigerated
•1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut your pear in half, and remove the center with a spoon. Cut a small section off the back of each pear half, so that it sits flat.
- In an iron skillet, melt the coconut oil. Place the pear halves in the skillet, and drizzle 1 tbsp honey across each (you may need a bit more if it's a very large pear...you'll want a good covering on each half).
- Sprinkle each half with the cinnamon, and place in the heated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- While pears are baking, open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the cream that has gathered (roughly half the can). Add the remaining honey, and mix well. Refrigerate until pears are done. TIP: This may make more sweet cream than you need depending on how much cream was in the can...if so, bake another pear!! Or refrigerate and stir into your tea or coffee the next day!
- When done, remove pears from oven and place on a serving dish. Fill the scooped out section with the sweet cream and enjoy!!!
****yummy tip!! The honey will have combined with the coconut oil in the skillet and baked, making a delicious sauce. I scooped a bit of that onto my pear, along with some of the candies pieces that formed!!! ***