Avocado Pesto Pizza
Avocado Pesto Pizza! I’m always shooting for that perfect AIP Pizza Crust—not too chewy, not too crisp—and this isn’t a half bad crispy thin crust! Of course the sauce is always my favorite 💚.
So, my oven cooks rather unevenly, as you can see by the ombre effect my crust seems to have. Having said that, you may need to adjust your cooking temp/ time to what works best for your hopefully fully functioning oven. And here's a tip -- thinner is definitely better when using Arrowroot. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting that chewy texture we're hoping to avoid!
•1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Cassava Flour
•3/4 cup arrowroot flour
•1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp onion powder
•1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
•3 tbsp water
•3 tbsp melted coconut oil, melted (optional +1 tbsp)
•4 tbsp coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the arrowroot flour, cassava flour, nutritional yeast, and seasonings.
- In a small pot, add the water and sprinkle the gelatin across the top. Allow it to set for about 5 minutes, then warm the mixture over medium heat. As it melts, whisk thoroughly to prevent clumping.
- Add the gelatin mixture, coconut oil and coconut milk to the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly. If you find you need more moisture, add the optional tbsp of coconut oil. Dust your hands with some cassava flour, then knead together into a ball of dough. Re-dust hands as needed.
- Dust a piece of parchment paper with cassava flour and place the dough-ball in the center. Then, cover with a second piece of paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out very thin. Remove the top layer of paper.
- Transfer the dough and bottom piece of parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake for approx 20 minutes (edges should begin to brown, and center should be slightly firm to touch).
- Top with avocado pesto (below) and your favorite toppings! I used green and black olives, red onion shredded chicken, dairy free cheese.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 5-8 minutes.
- Top with any fresh greens you’d like, we used arugula.
- Eat right away!