Grilled Peach & Mint Salad
So much summertime goodness in this lovely little dish! Prosciutto and a honey-balsamic reduction bring it all together. This is a perfect appetizer salad or side-dish; it's sweet, savory, and crisp without being overpowering.
•2 organic peaches
•1-2 pieces of Prosciutto, sliced
•1 green onion
•3/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
•1 tbsp Raw Honey
- Slice the peaches in half and remove pits. Cut a tiny portion off of the rounded side of each, so that it sits without rolling over.
- Grill over med-high heat away from flames for 20-30 minutes, until soft.
- While the peaches are grilling, prepare balsamic reduction (below).
- When peaches are done, top with arugula, mint, green onions and Prosciutto. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve!
HONEY BALSAMIC REDUCTION
- Bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil on the stove top, then reduce to medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When the vinegar begins to coat the spoon, stir in the honey. Continue to cook on low-med heat.
- When it begins to darken and thicken, remove from heat. It will continue to thicken as it cools. TIP: a warm reduction is best with this salad, so do not let it cool completely. I warmed mine just before serving.