Summer Fruit Tart
Aren’t those little apricots cute? So sweet and juicy! I have a confession to make. This is not what I set out to make. I had a different type of baked fruity thing in mind...but of course, I didn't make sure I had everything I needed ahead of time... tell-tale sign of a very busy, very last-minute week! But, my crust was already prepared and I wasn't about to waste all that tiger nut and cassava flour...so here we go! A very non-traditional tart, from crust to filling! But my word, so good, especially served warm. Sweet, summery and easy to make (just make sure you have the ingredients first ❤️).
•1 cup cassava flour
•1/2 cup Tiger Nut flour
•2 tsp cinnamon
•2 tbsp raw honey
•1/2 cup coconut milk
•3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
•3 tbsp palm shortening, melted
•6 large strawberries, sliced
•4 apricots, sliced
•2 cups blueberries
•1 tbsp coconut oil
•4 tbsp raw honey
•2 tsp tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the dry crust ingredients and sift together into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the wet crust ingredients and mix. Knead with hands into a dough ball.
- In a 9“ springform pan, press the crust out until it’s thin, pressing some up the wall of the pan to create the tart “edge”. TIP: do not let the edge be too thick! See my pic? It’s a bit too thick. Lesson learned for next time!
- Prepare the filling by placing all fruit in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the oil and honey together.
- Whisk the tapioca starch into the oil and honey (using a small whisk or fork).
- Pour the oil and honey mixture over the fruit and combine.
- Pour the fruit into the crust and evenly distribute.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.