Creamy Pesto Zoodles with Lump Crab
This is one of my favorite sauces, hands down. It's nut, dairy and nightshade free, and the flavor is zesty but versatile. Paired with the slightly sweet flavor of crab, it’s a perfect summers night dish!
CREAMY PESTO SAUCE
•2 1/2 cups fresh basil
•1 1/2 cup fresh parsley
•5 garlic cloves, minced
•1/8 cup lemon juice
•1/2 cup Olive Oil
•1/2-3/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
•2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
•3 tbsp water
•1 can Coconut Cream (cream only, not the water)
- Combine all ingredients except cream in a food processor. Process on high until smooth.
**TIP: If you prefer to thin the sauce a bit, add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- In a skillet, combine the pesto sauce and cream. Simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
•2 6-oz. cans wild caught lump crab
•2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•1 tsp sea salt
- Toss the crab meat with the olive oil and salt.
- In a skillet, cook over medium heat for about 7-10 minutes until done/ warm through.
•2 large Zucchini, spiral cut
•Garnish (micro greens, parsley, etc)
- Steam the zucchini noodles until al-dente (approx 3-5 mnts).
- Toss with the creamy pesto sauce. **TIP: add 1 cup of sauce at a time to your desired preference. You may have pesto sauce left for lunch the next day!
- Scoop the sauced zoodles onto serving dishes, then top with the lump crab.
- Garnish with your favorite green...I used Italian blend micro greens!