Balsamic Braised Mushrooms
These right here you guys, seriously. I think this is my favorite way to prepare mushrooms to date...of course I'll have to challenge myself on that! We served them up with a nice, juicy New York Strip but they would be great with any protein...or all on their own!
•1 cup balsamic vinegar
•1 tbsp honey
•1 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp
•3 cups sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
•4 garlic cloves, minced
•1 tsp sea salt
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp onion powder
•2 green onions, reserving a tbsp
•3 tbsp Parsley, reserving 1 tbsp
- In a small sauce pan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium. Stir frequently. When the mixture coats the spoon well, it is done(approx 20 minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, toss the mushrooms, olive oil and seasonings together.
- Oil a nonstick skillet (ceramic is best) with the remaining olive oil, then add the seasoned mushrooms. Heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until mushrooms are tender, then add the green onions and parsley and stir well
- Pour in the balsamic reduction until the mushrooms are just covered.
- Bring to a low boil for about 5 minutes, then serve garnished with the reserved portions of fresh parsley and green onions.