Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins
Ok, these are my new favorite. The combo of Otto’s Cassava flour and coconut flour never lets me down! And they’re Egg, Dairy, Grain and Refined Sugar free, so they’re worry-free too!
•2/3 cup Otto's Cassava flour
•2/3 cup coconut flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•1/2 cup + 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
•1 1/2- 1 3/4 large banana (depending on size), smashed
•2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
•8 Medjool Dates
•1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries
•1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Boil dates until soft, around 5 minutes. Remove pits.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT blueberries in a food processor and process until well mixed. It will form a thick,paste-like “dough”.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and gently fold in the blueberries. If they have a hard time sticking to the oil in the dough, knead them in with your hands.
- Line a muffin tray with paper or silicone cups, filling them with batter to near the top.
- Bake for 33-35mnts, until golden brown.