Sweet Potato & Bacon Breakfast Casserole
This AIP reintro is a simple make-ahead for those busy weeks like this one has been! Delicious and hearty, this usually ends up being breakfast AND dinner around here 😇. Parsley or even fresh basil would be a great swap the cilantro for a little something different!
•1 large sweet potato, grated
•8 eggs, cage-free and grass-fed
•1/2 cup coconut milk
•3/4cup dairy free cheese (optional)
•3 green onions, finely diced
•6 strips uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
•1 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
•2 tsp garlic powder, divided
•1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season the sweet potatoes with 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp garlic and the onion powder.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with the coconut oil, and spread the potatoes out across it.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for approx 15-18 minutes, or until they are tender and begin to crisp.
- When ready, remove from oven and transfer to a 9” baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk and remaining seasonings together.
- Fold in the onion, bacon and cheese if you are using it.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and cook for approx 35 minutes, until the middle has "fluffed" (the fluff will go down a bit after cooking).