Pina Colada Fat Bombs
I’m on a pineapple kick, clearly. I think they've popped up in my recipes, research or postings more than anything else lately! And I'm completely okay with that! I’m of the mind that it’s hard to go wrong with fat or protein bombs (this one has both!). And, it’s hard to go wrong with pineapple anything.... so these Pina Colada Fat Bombs were a win-win in my book!
•6 Medjool Dates
•1/3 cup Finely ground Coconut Flakes, plus another 1/3 cup set aside for outer coating (I pulse coconut flakes in a blender a few times to get a fine texture).
•1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
•2 tbsp Cassava Flour
•1 tbsp Coconut Flour
•1 cup Coconut Butter, melted
•1/4 cup (heaping) fresh crushed pineapple
- Boil the dates in about 2 inches of water until soft. Remove pits from the dates.
- Add all ingredients (using one 1/3 cup serving of coconut flakes) to a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms.
- Spread remaining coconut flakes across a plate. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the mixture, and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes until well coated.
- Arrange the balls on parchment paper and pop into the fridge to chill for 30-45 minutes.