Cilantro-Chimichurri & Canadian Bacon Pizza
A little remix on my flatbread! My goodness this chimichurri sauce just makes it! We topped ours with heirloom tomatoes (AIP reintro), red onions and micro-greens, but pretty much anything will do great.
When preparing the crust...thinner is better! you may feel like it's too thin, but trust me. If the crust tears while you're rolling it out, just use your finger tips to press it back together. Viola!
•1 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
•1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp onion powder
•1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
•3 tbsp water
•1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
•4 tbsp coconut milk
•Chimichurri Sauce (below)
•1/4 cup dairy free cheddar cheese (if you'v reintroe'd dairy, use raw cheddar)
•1/8 lb diced uncured canadian bacon
•2 tbsp diced red onion
•5 heirloom tomatoes (reintro), sliced
•Microgreens (approx 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour, nutritional yeast, and seasonings.
- In a small pot, add the water and sprinkle the gelatin across the top. Allow it to set for about 5 minutes, then warm the mixture over medium heat. As it melts, whisk thoroughly to prevent clumping.
- Add the gelatin mixture, coconut oil and coconut milk to the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly, then knead together into a ball of dough.
- Place the dough-ball on a piece of parchment paper, then cover with a second piece of paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to approx 1/8” thick...super thin! Remove the top layer of paper.
- Transfer the dough and bottom piece of parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake for approx 22-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with chimmichuri sauce (below) and all toppings except micro-greens.
- Return to oven for approx 4 minutes.
- Remove and top with micro-greens.
CILANTRO CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
•1/2 cup fresh Parsley
•1 cup fresh Cilantro
•2 green onions
•3 garlic cloves
•1/4 cup lemon juice
•1/2 cup olive oil
•1/2 tsp sea salt
- Roughly chop all veggies
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth