Bacon-Ranch Chicken Casserole
It has been a crazy few weeks and I needed some comfort food! This absolutely hit the spot and I ate more than my fair share; fortunately it doesn’t have any scary stuff in it!
The centerpiece of this dish really is the sauce and all it's seasoning. It's creamy and decadent, and is a great companion to the cauliflower rice. You can add a little more dill for a bit more bite, throw in some extra garlic for some kick...whatever your heart desires! It's hard to go wrong with ranch and it can easily be suited to your family's taste. For the chicken, prepare in whatever method is easiest for you! I chose to cook mine with a bit of olive oil, sea salt and garlic just for a boost of flavor, but did think about quick-cooking it in my instant pot for convenience!
•2 pasture raised chicken breasts, precooked and cubed
•4 strips uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
•1 small head of cauliflower, riced
•1 can full fat coconut cream
•1/4cup coconut milk
•3/4 tsp sea salt
•1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
•1 1/2 tsp onion powder
•1 1/2 tsp dried dill
•1 tsp dried parsley
•1 1/2 tbsp fresh chives
•3/4 tbsp Tapioca Flour
•2 cups fresh spinach, hand-torn or chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine the cauliflower rice, chicken and spinach in a large bowl.
- Combine all spices and mix well.
- In a saucepan, warm the coconut cream and milk to medium heat. Stir in the spices and chives.
- Whisk in the Tapioca Flour, mixing until any clumps are gone.
- Add the bacon to the sauce and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cauliflower rice and stir to combine.
- Pour casserole mixture into a 9” baking dish.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes until it begins to brown on top.