Grain-free flatbread with Avocado Pesto
I haven’t perfected “pretty” flatbread yet, but the flavor and crisp sure were great! And the cool avocado pesto is probably one of my new favorite sauces...creamy with a zip of lemon!
This is one of my favorite appetizers, or dinner for one! OK maybe two....
Versatile, crisp, tasty and low-maintenance!
•1 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
•1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp onion powder
•1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
•3 tbsp water
•1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
•5 tbsp coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour, nutritional yeast, and seasonings.
- In a small pot, add the water and sprinkle the gelatin across the top. Allow it to set for about 5 minutes, then warm the mixture over medium heat. As it melts, whisk thoroughly to prevent clumping.
- Add the gelatin mixture, coconut oil and coconut milk to the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly, then knead together into a ball of dough.
- Place the dough-ball on a piece of parchment paper, then cover with a second piece of paper. Use a rolling pin to toll the dough out to just under 1/4” thick. Remove the top layer of paper.
- Transfer the dough and bottom piece of parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake for approx 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with avocado pesto (below) and your favorite toppings! I used arugula, bacon, red onion and radishes.
•2 cups chopped parsley
•6 garlic cloves, minced
•2 tbsp nutritional yeast
•1 tsp sea salt
•2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice to taste
•4 tbsp water
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Chill before topping the flatbread.
Sent from my iPhone