I'm loving this update to the Apple Crumble I make at holidays! It's summer-sweet with some of my favorite antioxidant sources...blueberries, blackberries and raspberries! This is a great grain, dairy and egg free EASY alternative to a berry cobbler. Warm, sweet, gooey AND crumbly all in one packet.
Tigernut flour makes this crumble work. It's slightly sweet on it's own, doesn't absorb moisture like coconut flour can, AND it's a great source of prebiotics. If you've been on the fence about trying out Tigernut flour, I just can't recommend it enough!
•3 cups fresh organic blueberries
•1 cup fresh organic blackberries
•1 cup fresh organic raspberries
•2 tbsp Raw Honey, plus 1/2 set aside
•1 tbsp water
- In a skillet, warm 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp water until completely combined.
- Add the berries and stir well to combine. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 tbsp honey over the top.
- Cover and cook over low for just a few minutes, to allow the berry juices to combine with the honey/ water. When raspberries begin to get very soft, remove from heat.
- Pour the fruit into a 2 qt baking dish, leaving the liquid behind in the pan. As the liquid cools, it will thicken a bit. Pour the thickened liquid over the berries.
- Prepare the crumble (below), and "crumble" it over the top over the top of the berries.
•1 cup Tigernut Flour
•2 tsp Tapioca Flour/ Starch
•2 tsp Cinnamon
•1 tsp Ground Cloves
•1/2 tsp ground Ginger
•1/2 cup Palm Shortening
•2-3 tbsp Raw Honey depending on preferred sweetness
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt shortening and honey together.
- Combine with dry ingredients and stir with a fork. It will begin to “crumble” in the bowl.
- Crumble it on top of the Berry mixture mixture.
- Bake for 35 mnts.