Baked Coconut Crusted Shrimp
And can’t forget the pineapple dip...that may just be my favorite part!! We served these alongside coconut-lime cauli-rice that was tangy and sweet! I did NOT want to stand over hot grease on a hot day, so baking these were the perfect solution to frying. And it kept the shrimp so plump and juicy!
COCONUT CRUSTED SHRIMP
•1 lb shrimp, peeled and tails on
•1 tbsp Cassava Flour
•1 tbsp Coconut Flou
•2 tbsp Finely Shredded Coconut
•1/2 tsp sea salt
•1/2 tsp garlic powder
•1 tbsp Shredded Coconut Flakes
•1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the cassava flour, coconut flour, sea salt and garlic powder. Stir in the finely shredded coconut.
- Place the coconut milk and tapioca flour to 2 separate bowls, and form an “assembly line” with the bowls.
- Grab the shrimp by the tail and dredge through the tapioca flour (you do not want a thick coat).
- Dip the shrimp in the coconut milk.
- Dip the shrimp into the cassava/ coconut flour mixture. Tap off the excess coating.
- Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet, lined with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for approx 15-20 minutes until they begin to brown!
PINEAPPLE DIPPING SAUCE
•1 cup pineapple chunks
•1 tbsp Raw Honey
•1 tbsp coconut aminos
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth.