Paleo/ AIP Waffles
Because nothing says “Sunday Brunch” quite like a fluffy, sweet stack of these bad boys. Not really bad... they are gluten, grain and egg free after all! These are very similar to my grain-free pancakes using a cassava/ tigernut flour base but with the density of a waffle.
Note that the batter will be much more thick than a traditional batter... to be expected with Paleo/ AIP baking!
•1 cup Cassava Flour
•3/4 cup Tigernut Flour
•1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
•2 tbsp raw honey
•1 1/4 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Scoop approx 3/4 cup of batter into your waffle iron (more or less depending on your iron), and press out with the back of a spoon to fill the iron. You want all the little squares covered but not overflowing the edge.
- Use the manufacturers instructions for baking your waffles—mine has a light that turns off to let me know when it’s done. I find that around 8 minutes works well for my iron!
- Serve with organic maple syrup and your choice of toppings! I sprinkled mine with shredded coconut.