Spinach & Garlic Cream Sauce over Butternut "Fettuccine"
Holy moly! I’ve been contemplating this one for a while and decided to give it a go. So glad I did!! The sweetness of the butternut and the savory of the garlic cream sauce play so nicely together. And it's easy to make with very little time investment. This would be great paired with your favorite seafood!
TIP: buy your butternut squash pre-spiralized to save even more time!
BUTTERNUT "FETTUCCINE" NOODLES
•1 medium Butternut Squash, “neck” only
•1 tablespoon coconut oil
•1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a spiral slicer with the larger fettuccine blade to spiralize the squash.
- Melt the coconut oil and coat the squash noodles.
- Season with the sea salt, then spread across a baking sheet.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes until al dente.
- When done, toss with the spinach & garlic cream sauce (below).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
SPINACH & GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
•1 can full fat coconut cream
•1 tbsp coconut oil
•1/4 cup finely diced white onion
•4 garlic cloves, minced
•1 tsp sea salt
•1 tsp onion powder
•2 tsp garlic powder
•1 cup baby spinach
•Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- Warm the coconut oil in a skillet. Add the diced onion and cook until soft and transparent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the coconut cream and seasonings and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Fold in the spinach just before serving.