Baked Butternut Squash Noodles
This was an accidental AMAZING little side dish! And, easy. I love easy. I went into this fully anticipating to make something totally different...but I ended up being a couple of ingredients shy of what I needed (always check the pantry first, Amanda!). So, improvisation was needed quick! Turns out, these are a nice little side, and paired with your favorite protein they make for an easy weeknight meal!
•Neck of 1 small-med Butternut Squash, spiral cut
•1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•3 garlic cloves, minced
•1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt (to taste)
•1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
•1/2 tsp onion powder
•1 tsp fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a skillet, warm 1 tbsp olive oil to low. Add the minced garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the seasonings to the butternut squash noodles, beginning with the smallest amount of salt and garlic powder. You can add more after it’s cooked if you’d like!
- Toss the noodles with the olive oil/ minced garlic.
- Spread the noodles across a baking sheet, and bake for approx 20 minutes until noodles just begin to crisp. Stir them half way through cooking so that they bake evenly.
- When done, garnish with fresh oregano or herb of your choice!