Stuffed Sweet Potato "Skins"
This week has called for some “junk food”. Of course we know better...this is much better for you and just as indulgent! I cannot confirm or deny if we made pigs of ourselves on these. Suffice it to say...there were no leftovers!
For variation, try a bit of shredded chicken in your sweet potato "stuffing" mixture!
•2 Sweet Potatoes
•1 tsp sea salt, plus a pinch
•2 tsp garlic powder
•2 tsp onion powder
•4 strips uncured bacon
•1 tbsp coconut oil
•2 small green onions, chopped
•1/4 cup dairy free cheese
•Fresh Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the potatoes in half, and rub all sides with coconut oil. Also rub a little coconut oil into an iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the “pinch” portion of sea salt onto the skin-side of the potato.
- Place the potatoes skins down in the skillet, and bake for approx 20 minutes until soft (skins will also begin to crisp).
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon until crispy, then crumble.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove them from oven. Use a small spoon to scoop out the meat, leaving a small amount in the skin.
- Combine the sweet potato meat with all ingredients, except parsley. Gently stuff the mixture into the skins, then Return to oven for approx 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!