Bacon & Broccoli Salad with Lemon-Garlic Vinaigrette
There are a few of my favorite things tucked inside this summer classic! Perfect for those upcoming BBQ’s and sunny days!
Save some prep time on this dish by getting pre-shredded broccoli slaw. Listen, I am NOT one of those "you have to do it all yourself" people when it comes to prepping veggies. As long as you are confident of the source and know it's organic, I'm of the mind that my time is far more precious (and nonreplenishable) than me hand slicing every little thing :)
•2 1/2 cups organic broccoli slaw, homemade or store bought
•2 cups organic broccoli florets
•1 cup organic red onion, diced
•1 cup organic Arugula, roughly chopped
•1/4 cup organic unsweetened dried cranberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Toss with dressing (below), 1/4 cup at a time to desired amount.
LEMON & GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
•4 tbsp lemon juice, divided
•4 garlic cloves, crushed
•1 cup olive oil
•1/4 tsp sea salt
•1/2 tsp onion powder
•1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a nonstick skillet (ceramic is best) add 2 tbs lemon juice.
- Add the crushed garlic. Warm to low and sauté the garlic in the olive oil until garlic is fragrant and lemon juice has evaporated
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.