Creme Brûlée Pudding
You guys, I'm proud of this one. Dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free and still fluffy, creamy and darn-near sinfully sweet! Creme Brûlée is one of my favorite desserts, but nowadays I just can’t tolerate it. This pudding solves it, letting me savor that Creme Brûlée flavor without the ingredients that don't love my body ! My husband (who is not a desert guy) had his portion gone in about 8.5 seconds, so that's a good sign!
•1 can full fat coconut milk
•5 medjool dates
•1/2 tsp alcohol-free vanilla
•1/2 - 1 tsp raw honey to desired sweetness
•3/4 tbsp gelatin
- Boil the dates in water until tender.
- Add all ingredients except gelatin to a blender and process until dates are well blended.
- Pour the pudding mixture into a pot on the stove top. Taste for sweetness and add honey if needed.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the pudding mixture and allow to “bloom” for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat on to medium, and as it warms, whisk the gelatin into the mixture. Make sure to thoroughly whisk the gelatin to avoid clumping.
- Pour pudding into small serving bowls or carafes and refrigerate for about two hours until set.