Meatball Pho Soup
I love the versatility of Pho! There is so much that can be done, using the broth as a base. I used pork meatballs here and cucumber noodles instead of zucchini noodles. The cucumber has such a light, sweet flavor!
Toppings can vary depending on your preference: basil, cilantro, baby spinach, pea pods...pretty much any of your favorite veggies...are all a great idea!
•1 lb pasture raised Ground Pork
•2 tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form 1-1 1/2 inch meatballs and place in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done through.
While meatballs are cooking, prepare soup.
•1 large white onion, roughly chopped
•6 cups Bone Broth
•6 garlic cloves, crushed
•2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
•1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•2 tsp Garlic Powder
•2 large cucumbers, spiral cut and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except Zucchini to Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, and set to Manual for 15 minutes.
- Quick release pressure when done.
- Remove large pieces of onion and garlic with a spoon, then strain the broth using a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth
In 3-4 serving bowls, add cucumber spirals and meatballs. Top with hot broth, and allow to sit for a few minutes while cucumber softens. Add fresh toppings!