Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Asparagus with Seared Scallops
This is my mid-week “fancy but not fancy” dinner. Those purple sweets are just so dang pretty! This is easy to make, but sounds like a little extra went into it 😇.
•1 med purple sweet potato
•3-4 spears of asparagus (per serving)
•2 tbsp coconut oil
•1 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the potato into thin slices, approx 1/8-1/4” thick.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Coat the potato slices with the coconut oil and toss with the seasonings.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet or in a cast-iron skillet.
- Bake until tender and just-crisp around the edges (approx 20 minutes).
•10-12 Wild-caught Scallops
•1/4-1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp Garlic Powder
•2 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil (better for high heat cooking)
•1/2 of a lemon
- Season Scallops with the sea salt and garlic powder.
- Heat the Oil in an iron skillet to med-high heat.
- When hot, add the scallops, searing on the first side for a few minutes before flipping and searing on the second side (I recommend using tongs for this).
- Scallops are done through when firm to the touch.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
ASPARAGUS & GARLIC
•1 small bunch Organic Asparagus
•1-2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
•1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•Pinch of Sea Salt
•1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Warm the olive oil to low in a pan.
- Toss the asparagus and garlic slices with seasoning.
- Sauté the asparagus and garlic in the olive oil until tender. If you like a nice crisp to your garlic like I do, cook the garlic a bit longer.