Instant Pot Spare Ribs with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Because sometimes, you just need ribs. Today was that day for me! The Instant Pot leaves them fall-off-the-bone tender and clean up is a snap afterward. And let me just say, this is my absolute favorite way to enjoy sweet potatoes. So savory!
RIBS & DRY RUB
•3 lbs pasture raised pork spare ribs
•1-2 tbsp Cooking fat (Coconut oil, Avocado Oil, Ghee)
•1/2 tsp sea salt
•2 tbsp garlic powder
•1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
•2 tsp dried oregano
•2 tsp dried sage
- Create the dry rub by thoroughly combining all spices. Liberally coat each side of the ribs with the rub.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on the stovetop.
- When hot, sear the ribs on each side for 2-3 minutes until brown.
- Place the wire rack inside of the Instant Pot and pour in 1 cup of bone broth or water.
- Arrange the ribs on top of the wire rack so that they aren’t laying flat on top of each other.
- Close the lid and set to manual for 30 minutes. Quick release pressure at end of cycle.
SAVORY MASHED SWEET POTATOES
•2 lbs sweet potatoes
•1 2/3 cups bone broth
•1/2 cup coconut milk
•1 tsp sea salt
•2 tsp garlic powder
•2 tsp onion powder
•1 tbsp fresh oregano
•2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Wash and cube the potatoes. I leave the skins on mine, but that’s optional.
- Place in the stock pot on the stove top. Add the bone broth and all seasonings except fresh oregano and rosemary. Cover with a lid and cook on med-high until potatoes are quite tender.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or hand mixer. Add the coconut milk, and mash a bit more.
- Fold in the fresh rosemary and oregano.