Creamy Asparagus Leek Soup with Basil
I love asparagus soup. It's my favorite and my go-to! This leek/ basil combo gives it a rich, rustic flavor profile. So good!!
Did you know that leeks have the bioavailable form of folate? Bonus!! AND, they support cardiovascular health!
I hope you enjoy this velvety-rich soup as much as my family did!
•2 bunches organic asparagus
•1 organic leek
•3 strips uncured bacon
•3 large garlic cloves, crushed
•1/4 cup fresh basil
•5 cups bone broth
•1 can Coconut Cream (cream only)
•2-3 tsp Sea Salt, to taste
•3 tsp garlic powder
•3 tsp onion powder
- Roughly chop The asparagus, bacon and basil.
- Remove dark green portion of leek, and roughly chop the white and light green portion.
- Use the back of a spoon to “crush” the garlic cloves.
- Combine all ingredients in an Instant Pot (or stove top for about 45-60 mnts). Close the lid and set to manual for 15 minutes. Quick release pressure at end of cycle.
- Use an immersion blender or high speed blender to process until smooth!