Seared Cod with Lemon & Chive Cream Sauce
Officially (I think) my new favorite sauce for seafood. I know! I say that all the time! But really, this sauce is delicately tangy, creamy and comforting! We served it alongside a Rutabaga Carrot Mash with fresh Horseradish. Delicious! So until I find a new, new favorite, this is my current new favorite! Plus, it's easy to make and isn't time consuming. Two of my other favorites!
•2-3 thick steaks, depending in size
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•Juice of 1 lemon
•1 tbsp cooking fat, divided (I used coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a skillet. If you have a good non-stick ceramic skillet (not Teflon), you can skip the oil and just warm the skillet.
- Sprinkle the cod with the sea salt.
- Sear on each side until a brown crisp begins to form.
- Lightly grease a glass baking dish with remaining cooking fat.
- Transfer the cod to the baking dish, and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.
- While baking, prepare the sauce (below).
LEMON & CHIVE CREAM-SAUCE
•1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
•1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•1 can full fat coconut cream
•1 green onion, finely sliced
•2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
•1/2 tbsp fresh baby dill
•1/2 tsp sea salt
•2 tsp garlic powder
•2 tsp onion powder
- Warm the olive oil on low in a skillet
- Add the green onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the lemon juice, coconut cream, salt, garlic powder and onion powder and cook for 5-10 minutes on low.
- Stir in the dill and chives and allow to simmer for just a couple of minutes.
- Serve over the cod steaks.