Chicken & Salsa Verde Enchiladas
I was so tempted to (not) stand in my kitchen for hours and roll out enough tortillas for this, but I went with @sietefoods Cassava and Coconut Flour tortillas instead! Definitely the right call 👍🏻. And THIS Spicy Mexican Green Sauce from @hewontknowitspaleo...just, THIS! It is perfection! You must go right this second to her site and make this for yourself www.hewontknowitspaleo.com.
This dish is super simple without a ton of prep. Especially if you precook and shred your chicken as a part of your meal-prep routine!
•1 lb shredded chicken (made beforehand)
•1 batch of Spicy Mexican Green Sauce from He Won't Know It's Paleo
•1 tbsp Coconut Cream
•2 tsp garlic powder
•2 tsp onion powder
•1 tsp sea salt
•8 Grain Free Tortillas
•Approx 2 cups Dairy Free Cheese
•3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly coat a glass baking dish with some of Avocado Oil.
- Make the Spicy Mexican Green Sauce and combine 1/4 cup with the shredded chicken. Add the coconut cream and seasonings, and combine well
- Brush the tortillas on each side with Avocado Oil. Fill each tortilla with about 2 tbsp of chicken mixture and 1 tbsp Cheese Roll 'em up, and place them side by side in the baking dish.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp Green Sauce on top of each enchilada depending on how thick you'd like it (I like mine thick!). Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Top with fresh Cilantro.