AIP/ Paleo Pancakes
I finally had to do it. These are light and fluffy, thanks to the trusty Cassava & Tigernut flour combo I’ve become a fan of! It’s made muffins, breads, cookies and now pancakes a possibility again.
One thing I learned making these... I love my ceramic skillet. I don't use it often, but it made flipping these guys so much easier! I'll have to make use of it more, I think!
•1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
•1 cup Tigernut Flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•1 tsp grass-fed gelatin
•1 banana, smashed
•1 tsp honey
•1 cup full-fat coconut milk
•Coconut Oil for frying
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and use a fork to mix and “sift” together thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Batter will not be runny like traditional pancake mix.
- Use a non-stick skillet, like ceramic (not Teflon). This is the method that I used. Place a tbsp full of batter in the warm skillet, and press it out into a pancake shape with the spoon. Cook on very low heat for 3-5 minutes, then carefully use a spatula to flip. Cook the other side for approx 3 minutes.
- If using an iron skillet, place 1-2 tbsp Of coconut oil in the pan and melt. Follow the remaining steps from above. HINT: this is a bit more challenging, as the oil makes the pancake harder to flip!
- Top with Organic Maple Syrup and other good-for-you yummies!