Bacon-Mushroom Pesto over Zucchini Noodles
Bacon-Mushroom Pesto over zucchini noodles...FTW! Simple but still satisfying is what this one is all about. I love a good basil-pesto, and the pop of lemon in this dish gives it such a fresh surprise. I’ll have this on repeat for sure!
•3 medium organic zucchini, spiral sliced
•4 strips uncured bacon
•1 1/2 cups sliced organic white mushrooms
•1 batch of pesto sauce (below)
•1/2 tsp garlic powder
•1 lemon cut into quarters
•Fresh parsley for garnish
•2 cups fresh basil
•1 cup fresh parsley
•5 garlic cloves, minced
•1/8 cup lemon juice
•1/2 cup Olive Oil
•3/4 tsp sea salt
•2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
•3 tbsp water
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process on low-medium until smooth.
- Make the pesto sauce and set aside.
- Cut the bacon into squares, then cook over medium heat until crisp and the fat has rendered.
- Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with the garlic powder. Squeeze a bit of lemon in Stir, then cover and cook until mushrooms begin to soften (if needed, add a tsp of water at a time to prevent sticking).
- Stir in pesto sauce, and allow to simmer until mushrooms are tender.
- While simmering, steam the zucchini spirals until al dente, approx 7-10 minutes.
- Top the zucchini with the pesto mixture, give a squeeze of lemon and garnish with parsley.