Cranberry & Clementine Muffins
Holy cow these made me happy! The combo of Otto’s Cassava flour and coconut flour are near perfect for AIP/ Paleo baking and it’s come through yet again with delightful little treat! Egg, Dairy, Grain and Refined Sugar free!
By the way, I was asked why I use Apple Sauce in some of my recipes, and the answer is that Apple Sauce makes a fantastic replacement for butter in baked goods. I was surprised when I first heard of this technique, but it turns out, it actually works really well. Give it a try!
•2/3 cup Otto's Cassava flour
•2/3 cup coconut flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•1/2 cup + 1.5 tbsp melted coconut oil
•1 1/2- 1 3/4 large banana (depending on size), smashed
•2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
•8 Medjool Dates
•1/2 cup dried organic unsweetened cranberries
•Juice and zest of 1 large clementine
•1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Boil dates until soft, around 5 minutes. Remove pits.
- On the stovetop, combine honey and clementine juice. Warm to medium, then add cranberries. Simmer for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed.
- Line a muffin tray with paper or silicone cups, and use a scoop batter into each, filling to near the top.
- Bake for 20-25 mnts, until golden brown.