Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa
I realize it's January and this is more of a June-July, dish but I’m over it 😇. Your girl was craving tacos! Besides, is avocado “really” ever out-of-season? Nah, didn’t think so. The perfect amount of nightshade free spice was fantastic on a super cold January night, and of course my boys are taco fiends, so I’m calling it a success!
Siete Tortillas are my pretty much my BFF. The Cassava and Coconut variety are an absolute AIP compliant lifesaver...I don't have the time nowdays to roll my own tortillas out, so Siete is gold-medal worthy in my book!
•1 lb Wild Caught Shrimp, peeled
•1 tbsp olive oil
•2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, divided
•1 1/2 tsp sea salt
•1 tsp granulated garlic
•1 tsp onion powder
•1 green onion, chopped
•3 garlic cloves, minced
- Toss shrimp with 1 1/2 tbsp lemon, seasonings, and minced garlic.
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil. Add remaining lemon juice and heat to medium.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink and firm.
•1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
•3 tbsp diced Shallo
•1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
•1 Large Avocado, diced
•Cilantro Sauce (below)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the cilantro sauce on, adding to your desired consistency and “heat”. I used nearly all of it!
•1/4 cup Avocado or Olive Oil
•3 green onions, roughly chopped
•1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
•Juice of 1 medium lime
•2 tbsp “sour cream mixture”: 1 can Coconut Cream, 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, pinch of Sea Salt
•2 tbsp water
•1/4 tsp sea salt
- Prepare the “sour cream” by combining all ingredients in a bowl and mixing by hand. Only use the cream part of the coconut, not the water.
- Combine 2 tbsp of the sour cream mixture with remaining ingredients in a high powered blender and process until creamy.