Bacon & Pear Breakfast Hash
A simple and delicious way to get some greens in for breakfast! The hubs didn’t even care that it had veggies involved. Heck with a little bacon and sweet potatoes, I could’ve hidden whatever I wanted to in there! The pears add a playful pop of fruitiness without being too sweet and I think are now my new favorite non-traditional thing to pair with bacon (no pun intended!).
This keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days, so make it ahead of time and save on the morning rush!
•1 med Sweet Potato (recipe below)
•1 bunch Asparagus
•1 Bartlett Pear
•4 strips Uncured Bacon
•1 tsp sea salt
•1 tsp Oregano
- Make the Sweet Potatoes as listed below, set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp and fat has rendered. When bacon is done, remove from skillet and set aside. Crumble.
- To the warm rendered fat, add the asparagus and pears. Cover and cook until asparagus is crisp tender and pears can be pierced with a fork.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon, sweet potatoes, sea salt and garlic powder. Serve warm!
•1 medium sweet potato, washed and cubed
•1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp onion powder
•1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, coconut oil and seasonings.
- Toss into an iron skillet, cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes are just-tender.
- Cook uncovered over med-high heat to crisp a bit.