Creamy Tuscan Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash
You guys! I’m seriously so excited about this AIP reintroduction dish (omit Tomatoes for elimination phase). I love a great bowl of Italian anything, and this didn’t leave me hanging. I had hoped to have enough for lunch the next day but it didn’t survive the night (thanks, honey 😀). Oh well, guess I’ll just have to make it again!
This would also be fantastic with zucchini noodles!
•1 lb Shrimp
•1 small Spaghetti Squash
•1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
•1 cup baby spinach
•5 garlic cloves, minced
•1/4 cup white onion, diced
•1 can Full Fat Coconut Cream
•4 strips bacon
•1/2 - 1 tsp sea salt
•1 tsp onion powder
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare Spaghetti Squash. I use the Instant Pot method: halve the squash and remove seeds. Place face up in the pot, placing them on the wire rack insert (you may have to stack the halves), and add a cup of water. Close lid and set to manual for 7 minutes. Quick release pressure, and use a fork to “spaghetti” the squash.
- In a skillet, warm the Olive Oil to low. Add the shrimp, and sprinkle with a dash of sea salt. Sauté until pink and firm to the touch.
- In a separate skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet when done, leaving rendered bacon fat in the pan. Crumble and set aside.
- To the warm fat add the diced onion and cook until soft. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until semi-soft.
- Add the Coconut Cream, spices and bacon. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and spinach and thoroughly combine.
- OPTION: either stir the spaghetti squash into the dish, or serve the Tuscan Shrimp and accompanying sauce atop the spaghetti squash like traditional spaghetti.
- Garnish with fresh Basil and serve!