Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
A cozy bowl of warm, satisfying and tummy-loving goodness when it’s just INSANELY cold out! Bone Broth, Coconut milk, Carrots and Kale are tucked inside this savory soup!
I love that it's easy to substitute cream and whole milk with coconut milk. I get asked all the time if the dish ends up tasting "coconuty". And honestly, it doesn't! Coconut seems to be one of those amazing things that takes on the flavor of what you're putting with it...kinda like avocado in baking. So don't be afraid to swap it out when your recipes call for dairy. Give it a go!
•6 cups Bone Broth
•1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
•3 strips Uncured Bacon, roughly cut into pieces
•1/2 small white onion, roughly chopped
•1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms
•1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•2 tsp Garlic Powder
•2 tsp Onion Powder
•2 tsp Oregano
- Place all contents in an Instant Pot.
- Close lid and set to Manual, cooking for 8 minutes.
- Quick release pressure at end.
- Use an immersion blender or high powered blender to process until smooth.
- Return the broth to the instant pot, taste for flavor and add additional sea salt if desired.
•2 carrots, sliced
•2 pastured chicken breast, cooked ahead of time and shredded
•1 1/2 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- Add all ingredients except the Kale to the broth.
- Close the instant pot, and set to manual. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Quick release pressure at end of cycle and stir in the Kale before serving (this will keep it from being “overdone”.