Shrimp Lettuce Wraps and Fried Cauliflower Rice
I've been on an Asian-inspired food kick lately! And, these soy free, grain free lettuce wraps and fried "rice" did not disappoint! I've traditionally not used egg in my fried "rice" as it's an AIP Reintro, but MAN does it give it that restaurant flavor I didn't even know it was missing. If you haven't reintroduced eggs just yet, be sure to give this a go when you do!
- 15-20 Fresh, Wild-Caught Shrimp
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Green Onions, finely chopped
- “Teriyaki” Sauce (1/2 cup Coconut Aminos, 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, ½ tsp Sea Salt, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, ¼ tsp Ground Ginger)
- 2 Cups Slaw Mix (shredded green cabbage and carrots)
- 4 large leaves of Romain Heart
1. Make the Teriyaki Sauce by mixing all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Combine the sauce, Slaw Mix and Green onions in a mixing bowl, and set aside.
3. Season shrimp with Sea Salt &Garlic Powder. Saute on medium until shrimp arepink.
4. Place the slaw and shrimp inside the Romain leaves.
FRIED CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2.5 Cups Slaw Mix (shredded green cabbage and carrots)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking fat (I used coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for the shrimp)
- 2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Cage Free Eggs
1. In a food processor and process on low until "riced". Set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp cooking fat. Add the minced garlic, and cook until fragrant. Add the carrots and cabbage. Cook until all vegetables are tender and begin to crisp a bit.
3. Add remaining cooking fat. Add riced cauliflower, remaining seasonings and coconut aminos. Stir, and cook until cauliflower begins to soften.
4. Use a wooden spoon to create a little “cavern” in the middle of the cauliflower rice, exposing the pan. Crack the two eggs into this cavern, and scramble until done. Fold eggs into the cauliflower rice.
5. Fold in the diced green onion and serve!