Baked Chicken "Spaghetti " with Creamy Pesto Sauce
We loved this twist on one of our favorite sauces. All the zesty flavor of Pesto with the indulgent comfort of cream. I'll definitely put this one on repeat!
•1 medium squash, cut length-wise.
- In a pressure cooker (I used my trusty Instant Pot), add 1 cup of water. Stack the squash halves on top of the wire rack (comes with the instant pot). Cook on manual for 7 minutes. ***an oven may also be used, utilizing a glass baking dish. Cook for approx 45 mnts***
- Quick release pressure at end of cycle.
- "Shred" inside of squash with a fork into long ribbons.
- Place in a glass baking dish (9x13)
•2 large free-range chicken breasts
•2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
•2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, stemmed
- Coat the chicken in seasonings
- In a skillet, add the olive oil and heat to low-medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until done through. Cut into cubes when done.
CREAMY PESTO SAUCE
•2 cups fresh basil
•1 cup fresh parsley
•5 garlic cloves, minced
•1/8 cup lemon juice
•1/2 cup Olive Oil
•3/4 tsp sea salt
•2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
•3 tbsp water
•1 can full fat coconut cream (cream only, not the water that separates below the cream)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT coconut cream in a food processor. Process on low-medium until done.
- Pour pesto sauce into a skillet. Add the coconut cream and stir well.
- Heat in medium until warm through.
ASSEMBLY AND COOKING
•All ingredients prepared
•10 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
•1/2-1 tsp Sea Salt (to taste)
•1-2 tsp Garlic Powder (to taste)
- To the Spaghetti Squash, add the chicken
- Add the chicken
- Add the tomatoes
- Pour the Creamy Pesto Sauce over it all. Add additional seasonings to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes