Strawberry Mint Salad with Shredded Chicken
Oh my goodness this was so crisp and delicious! The sweet Strawberries and Balsamic Reduction work right alongside the bitter Arugula and sharp mint for a perfect flavor combination.
•10-15 Brussels Sprouts (depending on size), shredded
•2 Green Onions, finely sliced
•1 1/2 cups Arugula
•1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
•3 large Strawberries, sliced
•2 cups precooked, shredded chicken
•Optional: Raw Pecans for garnish (AIP Reintro)
· 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar, 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
· Combine in a cooking pot and heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
· Reduce to medium heat and cook until it begins to thicken.
· Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature. Will continue to thicken as it sets.
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss (except Balsamic Reduction and Pecans).
2. Serve with Balsamic Reduction drizzled over the top, and garnish with Pecans.