Seared Scallops and Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potato
I love it when an "unplanned" meal comes together. Meaning, I didn't include it on this week's menu but had the ingredients so, here we go! This was the perfect balance of savory and sweet, and knowing it had a good balance of macros made it that much more enjoyable 😇
•10-12 Wild-caught Scallops
•1/4-1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp Garlic Powder
•2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (better for high heat cooking)
•1/2 of a lemon
1) Season Scallops with the sea salt and garlic powder.
2) Heat the Avocado Oil in an iron skillet to med-high heat.
3) When hot, add the scallops, searing on the first side for a few minutes before flipping and searing on the second side (I recommend using tongs for this).
4) Scallops are done through when firm to the touch.
5) Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
ROSEMARY SWEET POTATOES
•5 small-med organic sweet potatoes
•1 cup Full Fat Coconut Cream
•1 tsp Sea Salt
•2 tsp Garlic Powder
•1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
•2 sprigs of Rosemary, stemmed
1) Wash and cube the sweet potatoes, then place them in an Instant Pot with the coconut cream.
2) Close lid and cook on Manual for 15 minutes. When time is up, quick release the pressure, and remove lid.
3) Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes to desired consistency.
4) Add remaining ingredients and stir well to mix.