Creamy Garlic Mushroom and Pancetta with Spaghetti Squash
I love almost anything creamy, garlicky and packed with crispy Pancetta! I love it even more when it’s grain, gluten and dairy free! I’ve found Spaghetti Squash to be a pretty darn great sub for pasta, but this would also work well over zoodles.
CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM SAUCE WITH PANCETTA
•1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
•1/4 cup white onion, diced
•4 strips Pancetta, sliced into strips
•3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
•1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
•1 can Coconut Cream
•1/2 tap sea salt
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1/2 tsp Oregano
•1/4 cup Parsley, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- Add the coconut oil to a skillet and melt.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add Pancetta and cook until fat is rendered and it begins to crisp slightly.
- Add the mushrooms and stir, then cover and cook until mushrooms are soft. You may need to add a tsp or two during this process.
- Add the garlic slices and cook until they begin to brown.
- Add the coconut cream and spices. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes
- Stir in the Parsley just before removing from heat.
- In a serving bowl, top the spaghetti squash with a ladle full of mushroom sauce mixture, then garnish with remaining parsley.
•1 medium squash, cut length-wise.
- In a pressure cooker (I used my trusty Instant Pot), add 1 cup of water. Stack the squash halves on top of the wire rack (comes with the instant pot). Cook on manual for 7 minutes. ***an oven may also be used, utilizing a glass baking dish. Cook for approx 45 mnts***
- Quick release pressure at end of cycle.
- "Shred" inside of squash with a fork into long ribbons.