Creamy Broccoli & Bacon Soup with Tarragon
Cream of Broccoli was one of my favorite soups before I was off dairy, so naturally I needed to find a way to recreate it. And of course, it needed to have bacon. Because, BACON! We were so pleased with how this turned out; creamy, velvety and savory. This made enough for leftovers and it was even better the next day for lunch!
•4 strips Uncured Bacon, cut into 1” pieces
•1/2 medium white onion, roughly chopped
•4 cups Bone Broth
•1 can Coconut Cream
•4 cups Broccoli Florets
•1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
•2 tsp Oregano, plus a pinch for garnish
•2 tsp Onion Powder
•2 tsp Garlic Powder
•1/2 tsp Tarragon
- Place the bacon pieces into an Instant Pot. Press the Sauté button and adjust to the “low” setting (this prevents it from sticking). Allow to sauté until fat is rendered, then add the onions. Allow to sauté until onions are just soft.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the bacon set aside and green onions).
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set to Manual for 9 minutes.
- Quick release steam when done and rem
- Use an immersion blender or high powered blender to process soup until creamy.
- Serve with the bacon and green onion topping (below) and garnish with oregano.
BACON AND GREEN ONION TOPPING
•2 strips Uncured Bacon, cut into 1” Pieces
•2 green onions, finely chopped
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until fat is rendered and it begins to crisp.
- Add the green onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Use to top the soup!