Warm Spiced Apple Cider
I have been telling my husband for weeks I wanted cider, and TODAY was the day I did something about it! I can’t tolerate a lot of the spices in traditional cider, not to mention, it’s highly processed and packed with commercial sugars. This version is free from all the junk, so I was able to enjoy! Best part? My guest who drank a cup had no idea it wasn't the fake stuff!
•8 Honeycrisp apples
•1 blood orange
•1/4 cup pineapple
•3 cinnamon sticks, or 2 tsp ground cinnamon
•1/2 tsp ground cloves
•1/2 cup Organic Maple Syrup
•1-2 tbsp Raw Honey OPTIONAL
- Place all ingredients in an Instant Pot. Fill with water to just covering the contents.
- Set to manual and cook for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure at end.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks, and use a potato smasher to mash up the fruits. TASTE and see if you’d like more sweetness. If so, add the optional honey.
- Return the lid to the Instant Pot, and cook again on manual for 15 minutes. Quick release steam at end.
- Pour the contents through a fine mesh strainer. Use a large spoon to press the liquid out of the fruit as it's being strained (this is important, it’s a lot of liquid!). **I recommend straining a second time with a cheesecloth, as tiny bits of fruit will settle at the bottom. Unless you like that, then leave it!
- Serve warm garnished with apples and cinnamon!