Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
We call these the “non-hipster“ macaroon 😇. Confession? My teenager was expecting those cute, albeit sugar-stuffed, little things. Nope, these are classic coconut, baby! I’m happy to report, the classic version was still a success! And, egg, dairy and refined sugar free, too!!
•4 cups finely shredded coconut
•1 cup Coconut Butter (melted)
•5 tbsp raw honey
•1/2 tea spoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the macaroons, and shape each into a ball. The mixture will be a little crumbly, so be patient 😇
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool before dipping the bottom portion of each macaroon in “chocolate” sauce.
- Let the excess chocolate run off. Place the dipped macaroons on parchment paper and place in fridge until chocolate sets.
•4 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
•1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
•3 tbsp Carob Powder
•1 tbsp Coconut Butter
•2-4 tbsp Raw Honey, to your desired sweetness.
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over low-med heat.
- Stir continuously until well combined, reduce heat.
- Stir often, and keep on low heat as you dip the end of the macaroons in the chocolate sauce.