Bacon & Sweet Potato “Nest-Egg”
I’ve been seeing these cute little nests all over the place lately and it really made me want one! I love this because it's easy, delicious, and you can scale it to feed just a few or feed an army. These guys are all my breakfast faves, wrapped up in one tidy little package!
•1 med Sweet Potato, spiral cut
•3 strips uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
•4-6 eggs, depending on how many you want to make
•Coconut Oil for greasing the muffin tin
•1/2 tsp Sea Salt plus a pinch for the eggs
•1 tsp garlic powder
•Green onion to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season the sweet potatoes with the sea salt and garlic powder.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with the coconut oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a “nest” arrangement in each muffin mold (as many as you are making).
- Bake the sweet potatoes for approx 12-15 minutes, or until they are tender and begin to crisp.
- When ready, remove from oven. Drop some of the crumbled bacon into each.
- Gently crack and egg into each, and sprinkle with a dash of sea salt.
- Return to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are done to your liking. CHECK OFTEN so as not to burn your eggs...ovens vary! (I prefer a runny yolk, so I removed mine at the 12 minute mark).
- Use a knife to separate nests from muffin tin. Serve the nests garnished with a bit of chopped green onion.