Meatballs and Garlic-Herb Sauce over Zoodles
I’ve been cautious about making an olive oil based sauce but I’m loving how this turned out and will keep it on a permanent rotation! Light and zesty, it’s a perfect companion to the meatballs. Which were juicy as can be thanks to my trusty Instant Pot! This recipe made enough meatballs to set aside for leftovers, as a bonus!
•1 lb pastured ground beef
•1 lb pastured ground pork
•1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
•1.5 tsp Sea Salt
•2 tsp garlic powder
•2 tsp onion powder
•1/4 cup bone broth
- Combine all ingredients except bone broth
- Form balls approx 1.5 inches in diameter
- Pour the bone broth in the instant pot and add meatballs. Cook on manual for 25 minutes, then Quick release pressure at end.
OLIVE OIL SAUCE
•1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
•4 garlic cloves, minced
•2 sprigs Rosemary, stemmed
•Pinch of Sea Salt
•1 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano
- Warm the Olive Oil to medium (do not heat to high).
- Add the garlic and cook until garlic begins to brown slightly.
- Add rosemary and seasonings, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
•2-3 medium zucchini, spiral cut
1. Steam to Al Dente
- Add zucchini noodles (2-3 Large zucchini’s worth) to the olive oil sauce and toss.
- Add meatballs, and garnish with fresh basil.