I can’t wait for Christmas so I can make this again! Just the smell of it cooking was, as my hubs says, “a crazy-maker”. This is a great grain, dairy and egg free EASY alternative to apple pie! Warm, sweet, gooey AND crumbly all in one cinnamon-spiced packet.
Tigernut flour makes this crumble work. It's slightly sweet on it's own, doesn't absorb moisture like coconut flour can, AND it's a great source of prebiotics. If you've been on the fence about trying out Tigernut flour, I just can't recommend it enough!
•3 Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and sliced
•1 cup Raisins
•2 tbsp Raw Honey
•2 tbsp water
•1 tsp Cinnamon
- Coat the apples slices in cinnamon.
- In a skillet, warm the honey and water until completely combined.
- Add the apples and raisins, stir well.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat until apples are soft.
- Pour mixture into a 2 qt baking dish.
•1 cup Tigernut Flour
•2 tsp Tapioca Flour/ Starch
•2 tsp Cinnamon
•1 tsp Ground Cloves
•1/2 tsp ground Ginger
•1/2 cup Palm Shortening
•2-3 tbsp Raw Honey depending on preferred sweetness
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt shortening and honey together.
- Combine with dry ingredients and stir with a fork. It will begin to “crumble” in the bowl.
- Crumble it on top of the apple mixture.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 35 mnts.