Hearty Steak and Mushroom Soup
My boys stuffed themselves on this one! Ok...I may have, too. I couldn’t help it! It’s creamy, savory and perfect for those cold nights when you just don't want to fire up the grill for a good steak!
•6 cups Bone Broth
•4 strips Uncured Bacon
•2 tsp Sea Salt
•3 tsp Garlic Powder
•1/2 white onion, chopped
•1 tsp Oregano
•2 cups sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
- Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot and cook on Manual for 12 minutes, quick releasing pressure when done. Or, cook on stovetop in large stock pot for 40 minutes or until bacon is cooked through and onion is tender.
- When done, remove the mushrooms.
- Use an immersion blender or high-powered blender to process broth mixture until smooth.
- 2 cups sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 6 oz grass-fed steak, Your preferred cut, cubed
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Baby Kale, cut lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Keep broth hot in either the Instant Pot or Stock Pot. Return the mushrooms to the broth.
- Add the Coconut Oil to a skillet and melt.
- Add the onion and cook until just soft, then add the garlic.
- Cook over low-medium heat until the garlic begins to brown slightly.
- Add the steak and cook until desired “doneness”.
- Add the steak, onion and garlic to the broth and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Kale, and serve hot!