Shrimp and Creamy Cauliflower Grits
My inner southern-girl has really been missing some creamy, comforting grits. It's amazing how a little coconut cream does the trick! And my sweet husband swears there's butter on the shrimp, but I PROMISE it really is dairy free. I think maybe his inner southern-boy has a hankering for some butter...which I hope to reintroduce soon!
•1 lb Wild Caught Shrimp, peeled
•1 tbsp olive oil
•2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, divided
•1 1/2 tsp sea salt
•1 tsp granulated garlic
•1 tsp onion powder
•1 green onion, chopped
•3 garlic cloves, minced
•2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (plus about 1 tbsp for garnish)
- Toss shrimp with 1 1/2 tbsp lemon, seasonings, cilantro, minced garlic and green onion.
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil. Add remaining lemon juice and heat to medium.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink and firm.
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER GRITS
•1 large head of organic cauliflower, "riced"
•2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•2 tsp Sea Salt
•1 tsp Garlic Powder
•1 tsp Onion Powder
•1/2 cup Full Fat Coconut Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, "rice" the cauliflower.
- Combine in a mixing bowl with oil and seasonings (not the cream)
- Spread out on a large cooking sheet (I use a silicone baking mat), as thin a layer as possible.
- Place in oven and roast until it begins to crisp, then use a metal spatula to "stir", exposing any unroasted pieces.
- Continue baking until the majority is nice and roasted.
- Remove from oven and fold in the coconut cream, combining thoroughly. For more creaminess, add cream by the tablespoon.