OK, "Brunchfast" isn't a word. But this meal falls somewhere on the breakfasty-brunchy spectrum, since there are eggs with all the trimmings but no pastries and mimosas. Just go with me on this 😇! Whatever the mealtime, this locally-inspired dish was the perfect start to the week! Keep in mind the tomatoes are an AIP reintro.
•1 small-medium sweet potatoes, Diced into small pieces
•1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1/2 tsp sea salt
•2 sprigs fresh Rosemary (plus a bit for garnish)
- Coat the potatoes in all seasonings.
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil to medium then add the potatoes.
- Cover and cook until soft.
- Uncover and cook until it begins to crisp.
- Garnish with fresh Rosemary.
•1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
•2 tbsp Raw Honey
- Combine and heat to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to cook until the dressing coats a spoon (15-20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Use a small spoon to drizzle over Avocado Smash
•1 large avocado
•1/4 tsp Sea Salt
•1/4 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine the flesh of the Avocado with salt and lemon and smash with a fork. Leave texture a bit "chunky".
- Scoop a Tbsp (or desired amount) on top of tomato slice (or egg if omitting the tomato).
- Top the mashed Avocado with Balsamic Reduction drizzle.